1. Nowadays some countries encourage people to buy more and more products, while others believe it has negative effects on the society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. The best way for a country to prepare for the future is to invest more resources in its young people. To what extent do you agree or disagree? In what ways should the country invest in young people?
3. Some people think that in modern society individuals are becoming more dependent on each other. But others say that individuals are becoming more independent. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
4. Nowadays there are many new towns. It is more important to provide parks and sports facilities than to provide shopping centers in these new towns for people to spend their free time. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
5. some people argue that job satisfaction is more important than job security. Other people think one should have a permanent job. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
6. The older generations tend to have very traditional ideas about how people should live, think and behave. However, some people believe that these ideas are not helpful in preparing young generations for modern life. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
7. In the past, people used to travel to see the difference from their home country. However, the sceneries in places around the world seem similar nowadays. What are the causes of these similarities? Do you think that the advantages of this similarity outweigh the disadvantages?
8. Scientists believe computers will become more intelligent than human beings. Some people think this development will have positive impacts. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
9. Some people think that studying in a college or university is the best way for students to prepare for their future career. But others think they should leave school as soon as possible to develop their career through work experience. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
10. Some people think that introducing new technology can improve people's quality of life in the developing countries. However, others believe that free education should be offered. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
11. Some people believe that some unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programs (e.g. working in a charity, improving the relationship of neighborhood or teaching sports to children) To what extent do you agree or disagree?
12. Some people believe that famous people's support towards international aid organizations draws the attention to problems, while others think celebrities make the problems less important. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
13. Some people think that the government should offer financial support and care to old people, while others think that people should save money for their future life. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
14. Crime is a problem all over the world and there is nothing to do to prevent it. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
15. Nowadays some individuals behave in an anti-society way, such as committing a crime. In general, it is the society to blame. What causes the anti-social behaviors of individuals? Who should be responsible for dealing with it?
16. Films and computer games containing violence are popular. Some people say they have negative effects on society and should be banned. Others say they are just harmless relaxation. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
17. Nowadays, some workplaces tend to employ equal numbers of men and women workers. Do you think it is a positive or negative development?
18. Pollution and other environmental problems are resulting from a country's developing and becoming richer. Some think this cannot be avoided. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
19. It is not necessary for people to travel to other places to learn about the culture. We can learn as much as from books, films and the Internet. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
20. Human activities have negative effects on plants and animal species. Some people think that it is too late to do anything about this problem. Other people believe that effective measures can be taken to improve this situation. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.